MIMI-TORIA"S DESIGNS ONLINE Square Market Online Store

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"Midnight Elegance with Pearls" "SOLD"

This necklace is truly gorgeous in person. The camera can not capture the brilliance and sparkle that this piece puts off. Very versatile with neutral colors, but yet that wonderful AB (aurora borealis) sparkle that reflects whatever color you choose to wear with this piece.

This was a brooch in its former life and had been damaged when I fount it with no pin portion left on it. My vision was immediately as a gorgeous focal piece on a necklace. This necklace is a 4 hour creation, thus the higher pricing of $69.00. Contact me via email if interested.

The necklace is filled with sparkle, but the lighting in this photo with sun shining doesn't capture all of the beauty this piece gives off. Focal on this piece is a generous 2" x 2". The overall length of this necklace is 23" with another 2 1/2 extension. The pearl/swarvoski crystal portion is 20" length and 3" from the connector down to the bottom of the focal.

This is the detailing on the tale of the extension piece that allows you to make this necklace more versatile with lengthening and shortening it. I love to add those special things you might not expect to see, such as these three dangles.

I have created a hand wire wrapped hook and each of the vintage faux glass pearls have been hand wire wrapped to create this design. Very labor extensive.

I also hand created each and every jump ring for this necklace to go with the great wire-wrapping of the black wire, which really sets off these wonderful vintage pearls.

This photo shows the entire necklace.

I created this pair of earrings to go with the necklace above. There are vintage faceted barrel shaped crystal AB Swarovski crystals which dangle from vintage faux glass pearls and vintage bead caps. Hand wire wrapping is featured in this European style lever back pair of earrings.
$20.00





3 comments:

I am so thankful you took the time to let me know what you think about what I write and for taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. :)

Mimi-Toria's Design Jewelry Style